Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Week 26

How far along: 26 weeks... and one day. Apparently they moved my due date on me? I realize 24 hours make very little difference when a kid is like "ya, I'll come out when I'm good and ready" but I still had to tell myself to breathe for a minute. 

How big is baby: Green onion. Didn't we already have this?

Best moment of the week: A co-worker stopped me in the hallway to ask how the pregnancy was going, and when I said my standard : "No major complaints" (which I've learned it an acceptable alternative to effervescing with joy), she said: "You look very comfortable being pregnant. I see you moving around without any pain or effort." As I'm now obviously pregnant, I've been getting a lot more comments, most of them intended as compliments, but this was the first one that really made me feel special, like I was more than just a belly. 

Food cravings: Fruit. Namely in wine. The next weekend we're home, I'm attempting to make a non-alcoholic version

Symptoms: Weird dreams, focusing around guilt I know I don't need to feel. Apparently I'm weirdly upset that we had to turn down an invitation to see my in-law's new cabin this last weekend, because we had our last prenatal class. Not that I wanted to go this weekend, I just felt guilty that we couldn't. 

Gender: Boy. My nephew was super adorable this last weekend, so I wouldn't mind a little him... so long as he looks less like my brother-in-law and more like my husband. 

What I’m looking forward to: Getting new clothes. I'm down to 1 pair of shorts, which is, by far, no where near enough. 


What I miss: Actual alone time. I would love just one hour where I could just step out of my body and feel "normal" without someone dancing on my bladder, or judo chopping me in the ribs. 

Husband perspective: "The baby goes from looking weird to normal to cramped. Ya, he's looking about as happy as you"




2 comments:

  1. Bless you. I love these posts and seeing how you are getting and what comments people have made. You look fabulous hun.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting observations on a challenging period. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!