Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Week 27

How far along: 27 weeks. Either the first week of my third trimester, or as I prefer, the last week of second trimester. 

How big is baby: I believe I read the cucumber in length now? I'm too tired to look it up. 

Best moment of the week: It's been a busy week... we set up the crib, took an extended weekend trip down to the States for shopping, got to meet the one and only Beth (who is the exactly as sweet and friendly as she is on the internet. We both forgot to take pictures, landing us in the territory of "bad bloggers" but perhaps that lands us in the territory of "friends"), and as I'm posting this, we just came back from a musical tribute to Scott's late boss which exposed the baby's embryonic ears to swing, blues and funk. As exhausting as it all was, it was great to still feel like I can do a lot. 

Food cravings: We're on the post-road trip hang over, where all I want is vegetables, and then the minute they are in front of me, I just want candy. I forgot how addicting Spree (not available in Canada) is. 

Symptoms: Swelling. Turns out 7 hours in a car thinking "I'm hydrating fairly well, right?" generally means not being able to slip my rings off before getting into the hotel pool. Fortunately, huge amounts of water and a lot of walking helped. Then again, two days of walking around shopping centres did a number on my hips and knees. Also, I have officially seen every bathroom at the Albertville Premium Outlets, and the Mall of America. Including the swanky MOA bathroom hidden on the second floor (I seriously stole some of the paper towel because it was so impressively thick). 

Gender: Boy. Possibly because we agreed to buy one "boy" outfit and one "girl" outfit, and the "boy" one is crazy adorable (fortunately, the kid will end up wearing both because, really, how is "racoon" a "boy" thing and "mouse" a "girl" thing? Friggin' Adorable transcends gender constructs). 

What I’m looking forward to: Getting back to routine. I'm not a great traveller (I may have been so anxious to get home that I blew through Fargo, our scheduled stop. Sadly, we needed to fill up with gas in Grand Forks, so Scott insisted we eat). I like a steady schedule, where I know what to expect, and if there are unexpected circumstances I can simply adapt as needed. When I don't have a routine, and there are unexpected circumstances... oy. 


What I miss: Hot tubs. I'll fully admit to dangling my feet into the warm, bubbling water. 

Husband perspective: [The trip] was an interesting taste of life to come, because we did have some of the hassle of having a kid (because Cara had to pee all the time, and because she was always in pain), but there was a burst of cute from the baby pant’s store. That's what they're called, right? You can re-arrange these words to make them a sentence, right?




3 comments:

  1. Aww, you are so sweet! I had such a nice time visiting with you and Scott and yes - I say not bad bloggers, just friends works for me! I hope you find your way back this way again sometime after the wee one comes and we can hang out again! Or perhaps I'll find my way up to Winnepeg! And you seriously look amazing by the way! And I stand by my prediction of "girl!" And could I fill this comment with more exclamation points? :) But seriously, it was so wonderful to meet you - I sure hope it won't be the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone does not have the pregnant frump it's you... What I'm trying to say is that you look amazing! No frump on the radar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!